The holidays usually means that you and your family will be hitting the road more frequently. Between the drives around town to purchase holiday items and attend holiday parties, to driving longer distances to visit loved ones, your vehicle is likely to have an uptick in mileage demands. Therefore, the big question is: Is your vehicle ready for the holidays?
Here are the top five things your vehicle requires to be ready for the holiday season:
- Tires that have a safe amount of tread, are properly aligned and are inflated to the ideal amount for better fuel economy. If your tires are flat, bald, worn unevenly, or show signs of bulging, you may need new tires.
- Wiper blades that keep your windshield clean and are in good shape. Most windshield wipers are meant to last for one year. If you see cracking, strips, or bits of rubber missing from your wiper blades, it’s time to replace them.
- Fluids are what makes your car operate smoothly. Without the proper fluids, you are putting your engine at risk. Be sure to get your vehicle serviced before you hit the road with an oil change, coolant flush, transmission fluid, and more.
- A clean car not only looks good, but it feels good, too. Clean windows increase your visibility, which equals increased safety. Before you head off to Grandma’s house, be sure to wash and wax your vehicle.
- Emergency kits are a smart accessory to have on a holiday road trip. Stock your emergency kit with jumper cables, the tools needed to change a flat tire, gloves, a first aid kit, and extra water. You’ll be glad you prepared for an emergency ahead of time.
If your vehicle needs attention before Thanksgiving, stop by Convoy Auto Repair in San Diego. Our shop is located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111, close to the new Kaiser Permanente Hospital. Got questions? Call us today. You’ll be glad you did.