At Convoy Auto Repair, we are all about reducing our carbon footprint, which is why we think a perfect New Year’s Resolution will to become a more eco-friendly driver. To ensure you can accomplish your New Year’s resolution, we have put together a few tips and tricks designed to maximize your eco-friendliness on the San Diego streets:
- The first and most important step is to keep up on your vehicle’s maintenance. A properly maintained vehicle is destined to save you money. You will spend less money on preventable auto repairs, and a properly maintained vehicle equals a fuel efficient vehicle.
- Underinflated tires will increase fuel consumption by as much as 3 percent, and they are more likely to burst and cause an accident.
- If possible, trave lightly. Take anything and everything out of your vehicle that can reduce weight, including roof racks, seeing as they increase wind resistance.
- Consolidate all your errands into one trip, instead of taking a bunch of smaller ones.
- Think about timing, and try to head out when there is less traffic congestion.
- Idling is the worst! An idling vehicle actually gives off 80% more pollution than one that is moving.
- Slow and steady wins the race -- hard acceleration and heavy braking can increase fuel consumption.
Schedule an appointment today with the team at Convoy Auto Repair in San Diego, and we will make sure you can accomplish your New Year’s Resolution! Not only will improving your fuel economy save you money, but it is also good for the environment! We are located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111 and look forward to seeing you soon.