We have all heard of the saying: “April showers mean May flowers.” We may be looking forward to seeing the roadsides blooming with flowers, but first, we have to deal with spring rainstorms. The team at Convoy Auto Repair wants to make sure you will drive safely during this upcoming wet weather. Here are some tips:
- Slow down! The roads will be slippery and wet, which spells trouble if you are driving fast. If you are driving at speeds above 35 mph on slick roads, you are at risk of hydroplaning, especially during the first 10 minutes of light rain. Those first ten minutes are in fact the most dangerous time during a spring rainstorm.
- Stay away from the standing water on the roadside! Sometimes, we see those large puddles, and we can’t help but veering over and driving through for that big splash! However, you need to resist that urge because these puddles can be dangerous for both you and the other drivers on the road.
- After winter, we will often see potholes on the road. These potholes are detrimental to the overall condition and safety of your vehicle. Avoid these potholes if you can.
- What is your first line of defense against spring showers? Your wiper blades, which means that your blades need to be performing in pristine condition. Our technicians would be happy to thoroughly examine your wiper blades to see if they need to be replaced.
- During wintertime, your tires typically lose pressure. Now would be an excellent time to bring your vehicle to Convoy Auto Repair for an inspection.
- Winter is over, which means hibernation is over! You will start to see some critters running on the road. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled, so you can avoid these little animals, especially during times of dusk and dawn when the light is dim.
Convoy Auto Repair is here to help you stay safe during springtime. Bring your vehicle to our shop for an inspection, and we will make sure your vehicle is performing in pristine condition and ready for those spring showers. Schedule an appointment with us today. We are located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111, and look forward to seeing you soon.