Unfortunately, our vehicles can’t talk to us, but we can pay attention to sure signs, and some of these signs scream a little bit louder than other ones. When your vehicle makes a specific engine noise, it can mean numerous things, but the most important takeaway is that you should schedule a visit at Convoy Auto Repair for an inspection.
When you hear one of these noises emanating from your engine, you can think of it as your car’s cry to help. Here are the top 5 engine noises that scream service is necessary:
- Hissing Sounds: If your engine is making a hissing noise, it is often indicative that there is an issue with your vehicle’s cooling system or your vacuum line.
- Clunking: Is your vehicle making a clunking noise, especially when your car is going over a bump or pothole? If your answer is yes, your vehicle may be trying to tell you that there is an issue with the undercarriage.
- Howling: Did you even know your vehicle could make a howling noise? It can certainly can, and if you hear this, your car can be trying to tell you that there is a problem with your differential.
- Squealing and shrieking: When you hear your vehicle making high-pitched, squealing noise, it could be a sign there is an issue with your serpentine belt.
- Screeching When You Step On Your Brakes: If you hear a screeching noise when stepping on your brakes, this could be a symptom of failing brakes.
Either way, if you hear any of these noises, it means something is not right to your vehicle. We encourage you to bring your car to Convoy Auto Repair for an inspection performed by our ASE-Certified technicians right away. We will identify the underlying cause of that concerning noise and discuss with you the best course of auto repair for both you, your vehicle, and your budget. Schedule an appointment today with the technicians at Convoy Auto Repair in San Diego. We are located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111 and look forward to seeing you soon!