Back-to-school season is here, which means it is time to plan those carpooling rides to those soccer games, the last-minute dash to the store for a forgotten school supply. During these moments of sanity, the last thing you want to worry about is the condition of your vehicle. Instead, go through this back-to-school checklist for car maintenance:
- It might be time for an oil change.
- Pay attention to your battery; we don’t want you dealing with a dead car on the first day of class.
- Your lights need to be as bright as your children’s future! Make sure a technician performs a thorough inspection.
- Your fluids most likely need to be checked to ensure they are at the right level.
- If your vehicle is leaking liquid, this is a sign you need to schedule a visit to the team at Convoy Auto Repair.
- Examine your tires for uneven tread wear and low tire pressure.
- Replace the windshield wipers.
- Your heater and defroster should be examined too, as we don’t want your little ones freezing on their way to class in the wintertime.
- A thorough inspection under the hood is a must to secure the safety and longevity of your vehicle.
- Don’t forget about your air filter and cabin filter, as they prevent dirt, debris, and grime from entering either the engine or cabin of your vehicle.
San Diegans are known to keep their car for as long as possible, and a back-to-school car maintenance checklist is an excellent way to ensure the longevity and driveability of your vehicle, especially as our schedules start to get busier with school back in session. Schedule an appointment today with the team at Convoy Auto Repair in San Diego. We are located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111 and look forward to seeing you soon.