Photo by Andres Garcia on Unsplash
Spring Break Done Right
Spring Break is just around the corner! Now is the perfect time to plan your trip and prepare. Below, we’ve broken down some of our favorite day trips and weekend getaways near San Diego. We’ve also included a list of everything your vehicles need before a road trip–whether you are headed to the local library or across the country!
5 Day-Trips in San Diego
You don’t have to go far to enjoy your Spring Break! San Diego offers some glorious day trips. Some of our favorites include:
- La Jolla Cove: La Jolla Cove offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and is an excellent spot for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking.
- Balboa Park: Balboa Park is a beautiful and vast park with over 1,200 acres of gardens, trails, and attractions, including the San Diego Zoo.
- Coronado Island: Coronado Island offers beaches, parks, and great shopping and dining.
- Julian: Julian is a mountain town known for its apple orchards and wineries.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is an expansive wildlife sanctuary where visitors can observe animals worldwide.
Not to mention the more casual haunts here in San Diego: you can visit the library (they host weekly events and story times) or any of our numerous parks.
5 Weekend Getaways Near San Diego
Want to get away a little longer? No need for a twelve-hour road-trip, these locations are close enough to San Diego for a quick trip but far away enough to promise adventure:
- Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara is a picturesque beach town with great shopping, dining, and wineries.
- Palm Springs: Palm Springs is a desert oasis with great hiking and hot springs.
- Big Bear: Big Bear is an excellent spot for skiing and snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking and fishing in the summer.
- Catalina Island: Catalina Island is a tropical paradise just off the coast of San Diego.
- Temecula: Temecula is home to some of the best wineries in Southern California.
Each of these locations is sure to give you a weekend of R&R.
5 Things To Do To Your Vehicle Before Leaving
Whether you’re headed somewhere nearby or have a weekend trip in mind, don’t forget to do these five things before heading out:
- Check tires: Ensure all tires are properly inflated and in good condition.
- Change oil: Have the oil changed to keep your engine running smoothly.
- Check fluid levels: Ensure all fluid levels are topped off and at the correct level.
- Check brakes: Have the brakes inspected to ensure good stopping power.
- Check lights: Ensure all lights are functioning correctly, including headlights, turn signals, and brake lights.
Come visit us at Convoy Auto Repair, and we’ll help send you off safely!
Visit Us This Spring Break!
At Convoy Auto Repair, we can inspect your vehicle to ensure it’s ready for Spring Break. Our expert auto mechanics can help you with your vehicle needs at Convoy Auto Repair in San Diego, CA. We are located at 3909 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111; stop by; we are excited to meet you! Schedule an appointment today, And be sure to Like our Facebook page to keep informed on the latest Convoy Auto Repair news.