The fourth of July has come and gone in San Diego, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t more summer fun to be had! We have a weekend’s worth of family fun to keep you busy and entertained for hours!
Friday, July 8th, take the kids to see “Jemima Puddle-Duck” at the California Center for the Arts, Escondido. There will be two performances, one at 2:30pm and one at 7pm. The Hudson Vagabond Puppets will bring this tale by Beatrix Potter to life with “larger-than-life puppets who dance and act in narrated ballets to this beloved children's story." Your kids will even be invited onstage towards the end of the show to dance with the puppet performers. Ticket prices range from $12-15. Click here to purchase tickets.
Saturdays in San Diego are full of farmers’ markets and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy the day with your family. No matter where you live in San Diego, a farmers’ market can’t be too far from you. We’ll list a few of our personal favorites with all the details you need to find the freshest, yummiest foods for you and your family.
- Pacific Beach Farmers’ Market - 8am-noon on Mission Boulevard between Reed Avenue and Pacific Beach Boulevard
- Poway Farmers’ Market - 8am-11:30 am on the corner of Midland Road and Temple Street
- Old Town Certified Farmers’ Market in Temecula - 8am-12:30pm on 6th and Front Street
- Vista Farmers’ Market - 8am-noon at the county courthouse
- Del Mar Farmers’ Market and Food Court - noon-4pm in the City Hall parking lot
- Little Italy Mercato - 9am-1:30pm on Date Street between Kettner Boulevard and State Street
- Golden Hill Farmers’ Market - 8am-noon
This Sunday is Extreme Autofest at Qualcomm Stadium. From 11am-6pm you can enjoy the 11th annual car show and concert featuring over 500 customized show vehicles and a performance by Baby Bash. This festival will include everything from imports and muscle cars to low-riders and SUV’s. There will also be a motorcycle stunt show, the BF Goodrich Tires Gymkhana Challenge, and a low-rider hop. General adult admission costs $18, plus service charges. For more information, you can call 619-407-4180 or click here to purchase pre-sale tickets.
Week at a Glance: